MARSHFIELD MOTOR SPEEDWAY TO HAVE A SEASON OF MEMORY & HONOR!
Hancock, WI, February 14, 2015 – Once the 2015 race season is in full action, race fans will see many changes at Central Wisconsin’s fast & driver friendly 1/2 mile paved oval, that being Marshfield Motor Speedway.
Marshfield Motor Speedway has been known for their Saturday night racing for decades. However, General Manager Wayne Brevik has decided to make the change to Friday nights for many reasons. “Once I viewed area track schedules, and noticed the number of Friday nights available to compete, I wanted to take advantage of that particular night, and bring Friday racing to Marshfield,” stated Brevik. Brevik further stated, “at the promotor’s workshop in Daytona Beach, FLA, it was presented to the atendees the many advantages of racing on Friday night.”
Gone from racing the past two decades, has been the CWRA (Central Wisconsin Racing Association). Being a Super Late Model division, this association of racing has produced some of the best race car drivers in America; In the early 1960’s and into the 1990’s, CWRA has produced drivers such as, Dick Trickle, Jim Back, Marv Marzofka, Larry Detjens, Rich Sommers, Marlin Walbeck, Tommy Reffner, Kirby Kurth, Dave Fields, Everett Fox, Lyle Nabbefeldt, and the list goes on! In an early Saturday morning meeting at Smiley’s Old Time Diner in Hancock, WI, the CWRA members agreed to a six-race series, for the 2015 race season. Three races will be held at Dells Raceway Park, and the other three will be held at Marshfield Motor Speedway. The overall 2015 CWRA Champion will be determined from these six events! The three CWRA races at MMS will comprise of the Jim Back Memorial, Dick Trickle Memorial, and a race to honor several drivers that helped make racing what it is today, in the Midwest.
Other racing events at MMS this year, will include the three-race Yellow River Racing Series presented by Earth, Inc., other memorial & honorary races to thank the drivers from the past for their dedication to the sport, two Eve of Destructions, and truck/tractor pulls.
Marshfield Motor Speedway is also pleased to announce numerous changes to the facility including a new scoreboard & scoring system, pit registration building, fans admission booth, victory lane, and building updates!
Marshfield Motor Speedway’s race season opener, will be Friday, May 8th, with the Women’s Concerned for Auto Racing “Ladies Night.” Qualifying this year will be at 6:30 pm, with racing begining at 7:45 pm. For any questions or comments in regards to the upcoming 2015 race season, please email Wayne at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For continued updates in preparation of the 2015 MMS race season, visit us online at www.marshfieldspeedway.com, or follow us on our Facebook page.
Marshfield Motor Speedway is excited to announce our tentative schedule slated for the 2015 race season. Racing events and the Eve of Destruction events are listed. Other special events will be added when dates are finalized! The 2015 season will be dedicated to the memory and honor of drivers that helped make racing what it is today!
Season Passes and Upper Reserve Season Passes are now available for the 2015 season!
- General Admission Season Passes: $150 until April 1st, $175 after April 1st
- Upper Reserve Parking Season Passes**: $150 until April 1st, $175 after April 1st
- Saturday, April 25 – Eve of Destruction – $1000 to Win Trailer Race!
- Friday, May 8, 2015 – Season Opener (WCAR Ladies Night)
- Friday, May 22, 2015 – Yellow River Racing Series Presented Earth, Inc.
- Friday, May 29, 2015
- Friday, June 5, 2015
- Friday, June 19, 2015 – Buck Night (WCAR Men’s Night)
- Friday, July 10, 2015 – Jim Back Memorial 61 (WCAR Kid’s Night)
- Thursday, July 30, 2015 – Dick Trickle 99
- Friday, August 7, 2015 – Yellow River Racing Series Presented Earth, Inc.
- Friday, August 21, 2015 & Saturday, August 22, 2015 – 2 Day Memorial/Honorary Special (WCAR Saturday Back To School)
- Friday, August 28, 2015 – Season Championship
- Friday, September 11 & Saturday, September 12 – Fall Shootout – Yellow River Racing Series Finale Presented Earth, Inc. (WCAR Fan Appreciation)
- September 26, 2015 – Eve of Destruction
** Truck / Tractor Pulls Dates TBD
**Upper Reserve Parking Passes do not include admission. General Admission ticket/season pass must be purchased in addition to the Upper Reserve Parking.
- CWRA SET TO RETURN TO RACING ACTION IN THE 2015 RACE SEASON! - February 14th, 2015
- Marshfield Motor Speedway Announces Tentative Schedule - January 25th, 2015
- MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OUR RACE FANS AND FAMILIES, BLESSINGS! - December 25th, 2014
- MMS AWARDS BANQUET VENUE CHANGE! - November 11th, 2014
- MIKE RICK NAMED AS MARSHFIELD MOTOR SPEEDWAY’S 2015 RACE DIRECTOR! - October 18th, 2014